To make sure your website is a success, you need to understand backlinks and the link popularity process.
What is a back link?
A back link is a link from another website that links back to your website.
One of the most important aspects of SEO optimization is getting good quality and relevant backlinks. In fact, Google values the value of a web page by the number of links that enter it (inbound links). This is perhaps a bit simplistic, as Google also looks at a number of other factors, including:
* the value of the page that has your link; if that page has a high page rank then the link is worth more
* the content of the page that links to it: is this information relevant to your website?
* the content of your website
In other words, if your site is about mobile phones and you have a link from a site about mobile phone accessories with a high page rank, that means an increase in value for your site. On the other hand, if you have a link coming from a dog training website, then the relevance of the content is not there and Google will most likely not value this link as much as it would the first link.
What kind of backlinks should I get?
It is important that when working on your backlinks strategy, you consider the type of backlinks you will need for your site. If your site is about mobile phones, the links you want to enter your site must include the keyword “mobile phones” in some way. There is no point in getting a link to your site from other websites that have the words “click here” or “buy now”.
So if your site is about dog training, for example, and you are approaching a website to get a back link, be sure to let them know that you want them to link to you using the keywords ‘dog training’ or similar. in the link.
Top ways to get backlinks
- Send to social networking sites
- Send to social bookmarking sites
- Answer questions on Yahoo Answers and add your URL
- Post a classified ad on sites like usfreeads.com and craigslist.com
- Create a Squidoo page
- Create a hub page
- Post in forums
- Leave blog comments on follow-up blogs
- Submit to directories
- Write articles and post to article directories
- Write good quality content and naturally other websites will link to you