I am currently taking NO Xplode and I notice that the label says to consume it on an empty stomach … is it okay if I take it along with my pre-workout meal which consists of a protein shake?
Ok … I think it’s about time I addressed this issue before it gets out of hand. It is NOT necessary to consume Xplode on an EMPTY STOMACH, which means that the last meal you have eaten must be at least 2 hours before. So NO, it is not okay to consume it alongside your protein shake as it will only reduce its effectiveness.
I have lost count of the emails, texts and phone calls that I have received over the last few weeks from my friends who need help with BSN supplements, in particular NO Xplode. For all those who have had NO Xplode really EXPLODE in their faces while mixing … didn’t I tell you NOT to shake it in the shaker, but to STIR it with a spoon? For those of you who have had Xplode staining your clothes, exploding in your gym locker, messing up your kitchen, and exploding in your car (ok … this was me … haha) – honestly, you guys are a fun bunch.
Well, I must admit, it can be tricky for those of you who don’t control your meals as closely as I do. For example, my meals are always about 3 hours apart, and I will only drink large amounts of water 2 hours after any meal because it takes about 2 hours for the contents of your stomach to clear, insignificant things that I sometimes drink. seriously.
I have a friend who wakes up in the morning, eats 2 slices of bread, and heads to the gym immediately to work out … how is he supposed to fit NO Xplode into his schedule, because he needs to consume it on an empty stomach? That was exactly your question for me when you started supplementing with Xplode.
Then there are those of you who eat whenever you’re hungry and sometimes skip meals entirely, or just take a quick bite just to fill your stomach before your workout … once again, how do you include Xplode? on your schedule? consume on an empty stomach before your workout?
A bit tricky, but it just takes a little getting used to.
For the past few months, I have also been consuming a protein shake before my workouts. Scientific research suggests that taking protein before lifting weights may be just as important, if not more, than taking it immediately afterward.
When you lift weights, blood flow to the working muscles increases dramatically and this helps to “push” circulating amino acids into the muscle cells. But you need to have the proper amino acids circulating in your blood to optimize this effect. This is why you should eat some protein (protein is made of amino acids) before exercising. This will support faster muscle growth … and who doesn’t want that?
Ok, for those of you who are a bit confused and have a hard time manipulating your time, drinking your protein shakes AND supplementing with NO-Xplode, this is what I suggest you do:
(1) 60 minutes before your workout, drink your protein shake, mixed with water and not milk. (Milk takes longer to digest and you want it to digest quickly to make room for Xplode.)
(2) 30 minutes after your protein shake, take your NO-Xplode (no matter how many tablespoons you normally need). Your pre-workout protein shake would have been cleared / digested as it is only liquid, and it won’t take you up to 2 hours like a normal meal to achieve an empty stomach.
(3) If you are also supplementing with Cellmass, consume 1 serving immediately after your workout. Cellmass is BSN’s post-workout creatine supplement to replace lost creatine stores during training, speed recovery, bulk muscle cells, increase muscle density / toughness and many other fun things.
(4) 30 minutes after consuming Cellmass, consume your post-workout protein shake / meal.
* The above program was derived from data available at http://www.bsnonline.net
Hope this clears up people’s confusion … Good luck! Drop me a note here if there are any specific questions you’d like answered about NO Xplode. I will do my best to help.