Salads are a great way to start any lunch or dinner. I find that due to cold and allergy season, I am less drawn to cold foods and more drawn to comfort foods. Then what do I do? I consider different ways to make salads more of a comfort food to appease myself and my family’s tastes that remain creative, comforting, and healthy. I also find ways to add fruit to my salad, whenever possible, to increase my daily intake of fruits, grains, and fiber.
Hello friends, yes I know, rabbit food, salads are not your first choice. BUT OH, if your salad had a voice, it would tell you about all the healthy fiber, vitamins, and fiber that is great for your digestion. The daily requirements of vegetables, fruits, and grains combined in many ways make foods richer in vitamins and minerals, and palatable at best! Pick and choose a salad that is both sweet and salty to the palate: SATISFY YOUR TASTE DESIRES. Salads are a sweet way to eat more fruits and grains, or they can be substituted and improvised, or they are also included as a complete meal option! *** I have listed some salads that offer unusual nuances to create or enjoy more salads. There are several ways to add more fiber, grains, or tasty additions to your salad dishes that have a high impact on your daily nutritional requirements. Add some of my favorites or do your research and add some of your own additives for an optimal balance of vitamins and minerals.
* Coleslaw, carrot and pineapple – all raw, and when mixed with vinegar and olive oil it is tasty and pairs easily with chicken or even barbecue ribs.
* Cold potato salad- Boiled potatoes with black olives, cumin, olive oil and vinegar- accompany as a garnish along with a tasty meat or whatever.
* Apple Celery Cranberry Salad – I have a great recipe and add walnuts too. Is very good! I place a piece of lettuce and a tablespoon of my salad on top and garnish with a small tablespoon of dried coconut. Serve with meat or chicken.
* Cold Bean Salad – Cold beans of your choice with spices and oils and chilled make a great side dish. Serve with meat or chicken
* Cold Beet Salad – Add balsamic vinegar, or whatever you prefer, chopped herbs and spices and serve with a serving of greens for increased vitamin absorption. Serve with meat or chicken
* Cold Carrot and Gooseberry Salad- Sliced carrots with added gooseberries, blueberries and salt and pepper for seasoning. Serve with meat or chicken
* Cold Lentil Salad- Cook lentils, season as usual, let rest, and serve as a salad topped with chopped tomato and fresh parsley. Serve with meat, chicken or fish.
* Cold Couscous Salad- Cooked and cooled couscous with spices, chopped vegetables, herbs and spices. Serve with meat or fish.
Salad before, during, or after dinner, as some cultures prefer, is a wise way to add more fruits, vegetables, or more fiber to your meals. You may find it to be a tastier way to improve flavor, it can also be a subtle way to increase your fiber intake. Find ways to add chia seeds to your fresh fruit or salad plates. Add almonds, seaweed, bean sprouts, olives, or any other fresh additives for more flavor and food benefit.
*** Hope you like it and use my salad suggestions. I have countless recipes and ways to eat and combine fruits and vegetables for rich, healthy or crunchy and sweet salads. Many of my salads are as tasty as they are healthy! Write to me with your salad and recipe suggestions or ask me questions and I can create great salad combinations easily!
* I enjoy learning from you and from others by continually offering myself knowledge! ~