A home treatment for head lice is the easiest way to get rid of these small flat parasites. Although head lice do not have wings, they are easily spread from one person to another. Lice live on the head by clinging tightly to the hair with their claws. Lice eggs, called nits, attach to the hair shaft using sticky saliva.
It is necessary that you take steps to remove these eggs from the scalp in your effort to get rid of lice. Otherwise, you could be exposed to repeat lice infestations. Lice are annoying, but you can get rid of them using home lice treatments.
Here are some tips:
- the simplest home treatment for lice is to use a lice comb. This comb should be available at your nearest medical store. Although laborious, it can be a very useful remedy to treat head lice at home.
- In your regular shampoo, mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil, and 1 teaspoon of eucalyptus oil. Apply this solution and then cover your head well with a shower cap for half an hour and then rinse it off.
- Mayonnaise has been used as a home treatment for head lice for several years. Apply mayonnaise to your scalp at night and sleep with a shower cap on. In the morning, use a good shampoo and wash your hair to remove the applied solution. Afterward, check your scalp regularly to make sure there are no lice.
- Vaseline can be used as an effective cure for head lice. Apply Vaseline all over your scalp and sleep overnight in a shower cap. The gelatin loosens the lice from your hair, but you should work to remove the oil from your hair. You can try using a dishwashing detergent to get rid of grease quickly. You can try using cornmeal before the whole process to make it less tedious.
- Prepare a solution by mixing 20 drops of essential oil of eucalyptus and tea tree oil, 10 drops of essential oil of anise and lemon oil with 75 ml of olive oil. Apply this on your hair and wait for an hour. Subsequently, rinse the hair with plenty of water for positive results.
- You can also make a solution of baby oil or any other mineral oil with an equal proportion of vinegar. Apply this mixture on the scalp of your hair for two hours and rinse it off. This solution is an effective home treatment for lice, as the combination of oil and vinegar fights lice.
It is important that you find a good home lice treatment depending on the nature of your hair and the severity of the problem; Otherwise, you may end up losing your hair and damaging your scalp.